Memphis Criminal Defense and Family Law Attorney
Diligent Tennessee lawyer stands up for the rights of Tennessee clients
At Jack P. Sherman, Attorney at Law in Memphis, I believe everyone deserves to be treated fairly under the law. If you have been arrested, I will staunchly defend your rights and counter the tactics of police and prosecutors in pursuit of the best possible outcome for your situation. Since 2006, my law firm has represented Tennesseans in Shelby County and surrounding areas who have been arrested in connection with a variety of felony and misdemeanor allegations. I also assist clients dealing with divorce and other family law issues.
Reputable law firm delivers high-quality legal services
When you have been arrested and are facing serious penalties, the attorney you choose to defend you can make the difference between a favorable outcome and long-term problems. Clients trust my firm for criminal defense representation because I am:
- Aggressive — Regardless of the specific legal challenge, I am an aggressive advocate who does not leave any detail overlooked. I push back against prosecutors and opposing counsel so that the people I represent are treated fairly.
- Experienced — I have practiced law for nearly 25 years and have successfully helped many people obtain favorable results in the criminal and civil justice systems.
- Knowledgeable — With my extensive background practicing law in Shelby County, I am highly familiar with the local criminal courts, judges and prosecutors.
When you choose my firm, you can contact me 24/7 and count on working directly with me throughout the duration of your case.
Lawyer advocates for clients facing criminal charges and going through divorces
I advocate for Tennessee residents who need help with cases in the following areas:
- Criminal defense — As a seasoned criminal defense attorney, I aggressively protect the rights of individuals who have been arrested on charges relating to assault and battery, DUI/DWI, white-collar crimes, homicide and traffic violations.
- Domestic violence crimes — Convictions for domestic assault and other domestic violence crimes can result in jail time and other penalties. They can also result in you being unable to see your children or return to your home. I will build a strong defense on your behalf.
- Drug crimes — My law firm seeks the most satisfactory results possible for people being prosecuted for drug crimes that involve the alleged possession, sale, trafficking and manufacturing of controlled substances.
- Gun and weapon crimes — I assist convicted felons accused of unlawfully possessing firearms and help clients facing other types of gun and weapons crimes charges.
- Juvenile law — Drawing on years of experience in juvenile law and my understanding of the juvenile justice system, my firm represents minors who have been accused of theft, drug possession and other offenses. My goal is to safeguard your child’s future.
- Divorce — I represent spouses going through a divorce in contested and uncontested cases and provide counsel on all facets of the Tennessee marital dissolution process, including matters involving child custody, parenting time, property division, child support and spousal support.
If you are facing prosecution for a crime or are getting a divorce, you can count on me to fight for your rights and interests.
Contact a diligent criminal defense and family law attorney for a free consultation
Since 2006, the firm of Jack P. Sherman, Attorney at Law in Memphis has staunchly defended Tennesseans in Shelby County and surrounding areas who have been arrested on charges ranging from homicide to traffic violations. I also assist clients with divorces and other family law issues. To schedule a free consultation, call my firm at 901-233-3474 or contact me online.